Friday, March 16, 2018

Education

"EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS ALREADY INSIDE YOU" BILL BOWERMAN

To complete the formal part of our internship, in Joe's words, he saved the best for last. On the surface he said he was informing me of the basic education requirements and paths that I could take to equip myself to meet the minimum requirements of being a personal trainer.

Essentially, I can go to college and pursue a degree in exercise science with several different possible concentrations. Or I can go the certification route of which below are listed the 7 most common and respected nationally accredited certifications. In addition, I could do a combination of both college and certifications.

Digging deeper, Joe said the real secret to success in all things is a daily, life long commitment to education. Further he said the word education comes from the latin word educere, which means to draw out what is inside. He told me that everything I truly need is inside of me already, and if I am humble and educate myself everyday, I will uncover within me the answers to all I seek to know.

Education:

Undegraduate (Associate or Bachelor's)/Master’s Degree
Exercise Science
-physical education
-kinesiology
-exercise physiology

Certifications:

ACE
NASM
ISSA
ACSM
NSCA (C.S.C.S.)
NFPT
AFPA